Week 13 - Blog Post 1

It has been interesting looking for ads in general on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Because I am fairly new on all of them, I don't get many ads. In fact, I haven't gotten any ads on Facebook or LinkedIn at all. I have only gotten ads from Seeking Alpha and Forbes Newsletters on Twitter - probably because I follow them.

I looked at my wife's Facebook page, as she is an active Facebook user. She gets a lot of ads everyday. She gets so many ads, in fact, that she does not have time to go back and review them if she misses a day, as there are so many off them.

I have talked with many businesses that do use Facebook ads. For the most part, all of these businesses say that Facebook ads are effective for them in terms of exposure and reach. They are also cost effective.

I was visiting an open house this past week where a very high-end home was for sale ($1.6 million). The realtor uses Facebook ads and finds them very effective. They also study the analytics and are able to make some important observations. For example, it is mostly women that look at the ads - except for properties on the coast and in Phoenix. Gaining insights such as these enable them to better target their ads.

I receive over 100 email ads a day; probably because I have signed up  for so many things by email over the years. So, I am able to see what my main competitors are sending out. Most of my competitors use email very effectively.

From the many things I have read and the many people I have talked with about social media marketing, I do believe that social media marketing is more effective for the various businesses that I have - i.e., my consulting firm; my investment newsletter; my non-profit think tank; and my angel investor groups.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post Week 3 Part 1

Blog Post 2A

Blog Week 4 Post One